POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Internal reflactions : Re: Internal reflactions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internal reflactions
From: Alain
Date: 26 Jan 2006 19:27:51
Message: <43d96907$1@news.povray.org>
LEDpipe nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 26/01/2006 16:33:
> Does POV-Ray properly render internal reflactions?  I can't seem to get it
> to.  I'm trying to set up a light pipe that should be near TIR (total
> internal reflaction).  What I've tried so far is to wrap the pipe with a
> mirror, but that isn't quite the correct to do this.
>
> Ideally, the surface smoothness would affect the internal reflections so I
> could correctly model what happens on a scuffed or scratched surface.

It does do total internal reflection realisticaly, but... for the light from a
light_source to do
it, it must emit photons.
You need to add a protons block in the #global_settings{}
You also need to add a photons block to your object. That one will look like:
photons{target refraction on}
You can also add "reflection on" but probably don't need it.
In your case, you probably also need to increase the max_trace_level, possibly to it's
maximum value
of 255.

Read section 3.6.3  Photons in the documentations.

--
Alain
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you