POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay and XML (Message 1 to 10 of 107)
From: Bernd Fuhrmann
Subject: POVRay and XML
Date: 31 Dec 2004 04:02:16
Message: <41d51598@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I just thought if it might be possible to use XML to describe a scene.
In my opinion, this would have a lot of advantages: Namespaces, ability
to transform whole scenes using XSLT and the ability to retrieve data
from POVXML-files and use them somewhere else.

It wouldn't pose AFAIK any problem to write a XSLT-script that would
transform an XML-document to POVRay file format. Obviously this works
only in one direction. It is, however some work to do so since all
POVRay features would have to be mapped to XML.

I'd like to know if there is already such a system planned or implemented.
If not: Is anyone except me interested in implementing such a system?

What do you think about this idea?

Thanks in advance
Bernd Fuhrmann

Post a reply to this message