POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Ambient different color than pigment? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Ambient different color than pigment? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Budgery
Subject: Ambient different color than pigment?
Date: 5 Oct 2004 15:05:01
Message: <web.4162efd0ca2b83faa1fd027f0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to make an approximation of black body radiation (glowing red-hot
-> white hot -> blue hot)...

Getting the color down was easy.

The problem is, I want to use radiosity to reflect the light coming from the
heated object, but either the object turns pure white before it should and
the ambient light looks correct, OR the object color looks right and the
ambient light is way too low.  i've messed with radiosity settings and
plenty of ambient functions, but I can't get a good result.

Is it possible to have the ambient light turned waaaay up, but not have it
affect the object pigment---or more accurately, how it renders the pigment?

Post a reply to this message