POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Ambient different color than pigment? : Re: Ambient different color than pigment? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient different color than pigment?
From: Budgery
Date: 6 Oct 2004 10:20:01
Message: <web.4163feae296f0729a1fd027f0@news.povray.org>
> Try to use 2 objects: One with no_image and the correct value for
> ambient and the other with the correct pigment, no_reflection and no_shadow?
>
> Ayk

Tried it.  Don't work.  the no_image tag makes povray completely ignore the
ambient, even when turned up to 10 billion.

I also tried having a lightsource with looks_like.  Terrible results.

I'd like to have a macro that just defines a texture to put on top of the
existing texture of any pre-existing object (low temperatures, the original
texture shows through fully, high temperatures, the ambient and heat color
take over)...but if its not possible, then its not possible.