POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Complex see-through objects. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Complex see-through objects. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Marvin Taylor
Subject: Complex see-through objects.
Date: 28 Jan 2004 16:02:31
Message: <40182367$1@news.povray.org>
I'm working on some animations and want to create a single image with
the moving objects in their various positions, so I can easily debug my
movement parameters without generating lots of images.

So, I've had the idea of using the 'transmit' value to make earlier
instances appear as "echoes" so that it's obvious which are the older
and which are newer. Attached is a scene which gives a very simple
example of what I mean by the "echoes".

But my question is this -- if I have a complex object composed of the
union of dozens (or hundreds!) of pieces, with a range of distinct
textures, can this be done?   I was hoping something like:

    object { MyComplexMacro(.....) translate a1 transmit 0.0 }
    object { MyComplexMacro(.....) translate a2 transmit 0.6 }
    object { MyComplexMacro(.....) translate a3 transmit 0.2 }

Which of course is nowhere near correct, but is it possible to apply a
'transmit' value (or another feature) to a complex object to make an
"echo" like in this manner?

Thanks
------------------------
#include "colors.inc"

camera {
     location <15.0, 50.0, -10.0>
     look_at <15.0, 0.0, -10.00>
     direction z*1.3 up y right x*1.33
}

light_source { <-50.00, 60.00, -10.00> color White }
light_source { < 50.00, 60.00, -50.00> color White }

#macro mySphere(num)
   #local xmit = sqrt(num);
   sphere{ <30,0,-10>, 2 pigment {color rgb<1,0,1> transmit xmit }
rotate num*y*75 translate <0,0,10> }
#end

#declare num = 8;

#declare nn = 0; #while (nn<num)
         mySphere(nn/num)
         #declare nn = nn+1;
#end

plane { -y, 2 texture { pigment {color rgb<0.0,0.7,0.5> }}}

Post a reply to this message