POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Complex see-through objects. : Re: Complex see-through objects. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex see-through objects.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 28 Jan 2004 16:19:50
Message: <40182776$1@news.povray.org>

news:40182367$1@news.povray.org...
> Which of course is nowhere near correct, but is it possible to apply a
> 'transmit' value (or another feature) to a complex object to make an
> "echo" like in this manner?

Well, you can turn every texture into a macro and parameterize the transmit
value. It can be done, but could take some time to rig properly. Also,
having many complex transparent objects on top of each other could be
extremely slow and the results confusing and not that helpful.
I have little animation experience, but it seems to me that the "single
image" trick isn't a good way to debug an animation unless it's very simple.
It will help debug the positions, but not the movement itself. Unfortunately
I don't see much alternatives to using dummy textures and dummy objects (for
speed) and then rendering the entire animation.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com