POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : specular highlight bug? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  specular highlight bug? (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: specular highlight bug?
Date: 23 May 2003 16:47:30
Message: <3ece88e2@news.povray.org>

3ece78f5$1@news.povray.org...

> Is there any way round this?

Try using light_groups.

camera {location  -z*5+y*5 look_at   y}
light_group{
    light_source{-z*1000, rgb 1 rotate x*40 rotate y*40}
    sphere{0,1 translate y pigment{rgb x} finish{phong 1}}
    global_lights off
}
plane{y,0 pigment{rgb 1} }
light_source{-z*1000, rgb 1 rotate x*40 rotate y*40 shadowless}

BTW, that was one of the reasons we used a lot of light groups in the space
image (www.oyonale.com/iss) so that objects wouldn't project shadows on each
other and still have highlights.

G.

--