POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volume-preserving blob Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Volume-preserving blob (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Pyry
Subject: Volume-preserving blob
Date: 11 Oct 2002 10:05:03
Message: <web.3da6d971ed80a515398d8dbb0@news.povray.org>
(Sorry for the bad engish if you find any; Please correct.)
The POV-Ray blob object does not preserve it's volume when the components
are moved around.

Is it possible to make a blob-like volume-preserving function for the
isosurface?

How about simulating water drops with surface tension?

btw. Is there other blob-alternatives? IMO blob object is smooth in the
wrong way.(?)

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:00:20 EDT, "Pyry" <fro### [at] suomi24fi> wrote:
> (Sorry for the bad engish if you find any; Please correct.)
> The POV-Ray blob object does not preserve it's volume when the components
> are moved around.
>
> Is it possible to make a blob-like volume-preserving function for the
> isosurface?

There is something made by Rune IIRC, check
http://runevision.com/3d/blobs/blobs.asp

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/ic/

> IMO blob object is smooth in the
> wrong way.(?)