POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volume-preserving blob : Re: Volume-preserving blob Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume-preserving blob
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 Oct 2002 12:56:10
Message: <11rdqug29h7273cvugl7nln8n3nlbgf9qd@4ax.com>
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:00:20 EDT, "Pyry" <fro### [at] suomi24fi> wrote:

>The POV-Ray blob object does not preserve it's volume when the components
>are moved around.

You are right, they do not.

>Is it possible to make a blob-like volume-preserving function for the
>isosurface?

It probably is, but take my word it won't be easy.

>How about simulating water drops with surface tension?
>btw. Is there other blob-alternatives?

These two questions probably have the same answer. You can use a mesh
to make your blob-like object, and using a mesh, you can make a
physical simulation with surface tension, volume preservation and
whatever else you can think of. Take my word on this as well, it's
even harder :)

>IMO blob object is smooth in the wrong way.(?)

What's the correct way to smooth a blob?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg