POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volume-preserving blob : Re: Volume-preserving blob Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume-preserving blob
From: Pyry
Date: 11 Oct 2002 15:45:16
Message: <web.3da72a3b4cdcaf4d398d8dbb0@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote:
>What's the correct way to smooth a blob?

I don't know what is the *correct* or the perfect way to smooth a blob, but
I just don't like the way the components react to each other sometimes.
Sometimes there is a visible edge between two spheres that isn't as smooth
as the rest of the blob and usually the appearance of the blob is too
smooth.

Of course one can overcome these anoying things by adding more and more
components...

Oh well the blob object is not made to be the ultimate make-everything from
ten spheres thingie. %) I just need to do what I gotta do whit other
objects. Right now I'm expirimenting on spheres in isosurfaces;Gives very
smooth results but takes time to render.

-And thank you all for the aswers so far!