POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  difficult questions (for me anyway) (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: difficult questions (for me anyway)
Date: 9 Mar 2000 04:40:35
Message: <38C77193.C429545C@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Ken wrote:

> I have but without the proper educational background there are times it
> makes absolutely no sense what so ever. An example is sometimes worth
> 1000 documented words. If a person had understood the original explaination
> they would not have asked for clarification. What is easy for you may be
> difficult for others. Not every thing in POV-Ray is inherently obvious
> or intuitive. We are here to help not criticize. Dare to teach so that
> others may learn. Patients is a virtue. Lead by example. Give till it
> hurts.

The virtues of a noble POVer ... I wonder if you have sworn an oath for
it.

:-)

Thank you Ken!  I really mean it.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Mar 2000 04:54:49
Message: <chrishuff_99-543B15.04563509032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38C729F2.FF588583@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> cylinder { <0,0,0>,<1,0,0>,n rotate bla*y } //correct?
> then the end point will be <sin(bla),0,cos(bla)>

I prefer:
cylinder { <0,0,0>,<1,0,0>,n rotate bla*y}
The end point will be vrotate(<1,0,0>, bla*y)

Note that your solution should be <sin(degrees(bla)), 0,
cos(degrees(bla))>, unless you specify your angles in radians. But
vrotate works for any rotation, instead of just a rotation around an
axis, so I would recommend you use it. It also makes your code easier to
figure out when you come back to it after abandoning it for a week.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message