POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) : Re: difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difficult questions (for me anyway)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Mar 2000 17:33:58
Message: <38C82748.F7A08FF1@peak.edu.ee>
Ken wrote:

> I have but without the proper educational background there are times it
> makes absolutely no sense what so ever. An example is sometimes worth
> 1000 documented words.

There are some vector math examples (in the animations section, I believe). I
really recommend anybody who has trouble understanding the maths render those
examples since, as you say, they are worth a 1000 words.
Heck, they even helped me understand what vdot does. No verbal explanation had
managed to do that.
Perhaps similar examples should be added to encompass more functions. The one
Mick mentioned seems a common requirement.

Margus