POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) : Re: difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difficult questions (for me anyway)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Mar 2000 07:00:17
Message: <chrishuff_99-A18175.07020309032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38C78FBC.E0929D84@nanterre.marelli.fr>, Bouf
<Chr### [at] nanterremarellifr> wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote:
> >
> > Note that your solution should be <sin(degrees(bla)), 0,
> > cos(degrees(bla))>, unless you specify your angles in radians. But
>
> It should be <sin(radians(bla), 0, cos(radians(bla)))>, isn't it ?
> Assuming bla is in degrees...

Er, yes. My explanation? I was only on my second cup of coffee this
morning. :-)

Oh, another way to do it(assuming you are using MegaPOV) would be
vtransform(<1,0,0>, rotate bla*y). Not necessarily the best way in this
case, but if you are using several transformations in a row, you can
#declare them as a transform and use that to modify both the object and
the vector. Like this:

#declare Vect = < 1, 0, 0>;
#declare Trans =
transform {
    rotate, scale, translate...
}

object {MyObj
    transform {Trans}
}
#declare startVect = vtransform(Vect, Trans);

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom