POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : will povray work on linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  will povray work on linux? (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: will povray work on linux?
Date: 28 Sep 1999 00:51:53
Message: <37F04903.DA512566@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> What I want to know is, how did this thread from July get exhumed again?

Alan did it. It's all Alan's fault. If you want to blame someone blame Alan
cause he did it and no one else.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 28 Sep 1999 02:58:42
Message: <37F0671C.D006B9E4@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
TonyB wrote:

> I have too much on Windows to go over to Linux completely. Even if I could,
> there is no one in this country capable of helping me with it. I don't want
> to learn everything all over again.

One thing I learned the hard way is that you *NEVER* have finished
learning. Better cope with this and learn what you can. BTW, Linux is
something you can learn pretty good at the Internet and WIN32 emulators
like WINE are also existing! I once read somewhere here that even
WIN-POV runs on it! :-)

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:50:11 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Alan did it. It's all Alan's fault. If you want to blame someone blame Alan
>cause he did it and no one else.

  Yes, it was I. Since this thread may continue OT for a few more messages
I've continued it at povray.off-topic. Let the sparks fly!

--
Alan