POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : will povray work on linux? : Re: will povray work on linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: will povray work on linux?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Sep 1999 00:06:38
Message: <p4=xN8djo+6toPnN9AaWZFhYcWpN@4ax.com>
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:40:26 -0400, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>So how do you use them? Can Linux access the Windows hard drive to run
>programs? Can Windows access the Linux hard drive? Or does the Linux drive
>have to be hidden from Windows?

Windows has no idea that Linux is installed on the HDD or it would
have died of jealousy long ago. Linux accesses the windows hard drive
or partition and runs the windows programs. It can also access the
registry but I have switched this option off for safety since none of
the programs I specified relies heavily on read/write from/to the
registry.

WINE is definitely worth checking out!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700