POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Hardcore povrayer test (Message 57 to 66 of 66)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test
Date: 21 Jun 1999 11:07:24
Message: <376e552c@news.povray.org>
Look at me, I got 8.

(I'll make one for 3D Studio MAX, Photoshop or Speed Razor and then test
myself ;-)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

Gilles Tran wrote in message <376E51BC.C6161038@inapg.inra.fr>...

>Glen Berry wrote:
>
>> Does the "hardcore povrayer test" count for much? Should we care?
>>
>> I think it makes for some interesting trivia, but shouldn't be thought
>> of as some sort of important judgement on any POV-User's worth or
>> merit as an artist, craftsman, or human being.
>>
>> Later,
>> Glen Berry
>
>I support that opinion, and not only because I don't seem to get more than
10
>(of course it's hard to resist to such a test because it's fun)...

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Jun 1999 11:22:57
Message: <376e58d1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:03:47 +1000, Lance Birch wrote:
>Look at me, I got 8.
>
>(I'll make one for 3D Studio MAX, Photoshop or Speed Razor and then test
>myself ;-)

Oooh... I wanna take the photoshop one.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 21 Jun 1999 13:25:05
Message: <376E7513.530ABBDC@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I support that opinion, and not only because I don't seem to get more than 10
> (of course it's hard to resist to such a test because it's fun)...
> Let's try to imagine such a test in the late 1880... The hardcore oil-painter
> test... with questions like :
> - do you know all the chemical formulas of all the pigments you use ?
> - can you build a weaving machine so that you can make your own canvas ?
<snip>

  I just looked in the documentation for my favorite Paint program and none
of these questions were answered. Go figure !

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message