POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 26 Jul 1999 04:39:26
Message: <379C1EB9.503F9DF6@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Arthur Flint wrote:

> I just got done reading this thread. Every time that someone proposes
> a 'test' to see who is and who isn't (whatever), their pride is showing.
> Did you notice what got stirred up? Was it fun? Educational? Has anyone
> come out 'on top of the list'? Shame on you all. A lot of great leaders
> have tried that idea of an 'elite' group. Tell me, would non-hardcore
> users be asked to quit? Would we have to prove that we are hard-core?
>
> If you are all that great, teach others. If you are all that
> wise, guide others. What ever happened to that tag-line
> "Share what you know, learn what you don't"?

I found this test very funny and even the responses by those who made
it. I also think that Ken is right when he says that the willingness in
this group to help is quite great. See this test as a kind of joke. As
long as you like the pics you generate with pov nothing is wrong. I fail
many of the answers in this test and I don't feel minor in any way.
There's a lot to learn and for most of us only few time to do. Just take
it easy and have a laugh or two.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler