POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Hardcore povrayer test (Message 41 to 50 of 66)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test
Date: 17 Jun 1999 02:42:38
Message: <376898de@news.povray.org>
>I'm using primitive in a different sense than you are.  There
>are five CSG operations, counting inverse, but only three of
>them are primitive operations (as the term is used in Forth
>programming) The other two can be expressed in terms of the
>three primitives, and one actually is expressed that way in
>the source.

I know that difference is actually the intersection with the inverse.

Am I on the right track with merge ?

merge {
 object1
 object2
}

==

union {
 intersection {
   object1
   object2 inverse
  }
  intersection {
    object2
    object1 inverse
  }
}

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features