POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 17 Jun 1999 10:57:29
Message: <37690CD8.9F8E4ADE@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Alan Kong wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:38:35 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyone else who thinks the 3.0 docs were better than
> >the 3.1 docs?
>
>   Hi, Gail, Ken, and Marc. Where do the v3.0 docs do better compared with
> the v3.1 docs? Is this the docs in general or a specific format (.html,
> .pdf, Word, etc.)?
>
> --

Sorry for not answering that fast I have been busy the last days.
I would copy what Ken and Gail have said. What I have to add is that I
found the language declaration at the language description more
irritating than helping. I printed out both manuals and when I started
to do the 3.1 stuff I first tried to do it with these declarations at
the beginning of each section and really disliked them. They way the
language has been presented in the 3.0 docs I personally found much
easier (and that only a matter of the format).

All the Best,

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler