POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A Simple Lamp Shade ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  A Simple Lamp Shade ? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Ken
Subject: A Simple Lamp Shade ?
Date: 27 Apr 1999 07:55:43
Message: <372596DD.494C2FAA@pacbell.net>
Hi,

   Attempting tonight to make a simple lamp shade I failed miserably.
I'm trying to create a lamp shade of the type seen commonly in household
settings. It is cone shaped but has a sine wave pleating as it's suface
feature. I have been able to achieve a sine wave surface through various
means but alas these where all in a flat pattern. Revloving around a
conical circle is not as simple as it sounds and I would appreciate any
tips you may have.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

have you concidered using the dome plugin, so far all i have managed to
create is lamp shades!

Rick

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:52:13 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>   Attempting tonight to make a simple lamp shade I failed miserably.
>I'm trying to create a lamp shade of the type seen commonly in household
>settings. It is cone shaped but has a sine wave pleating as it's suface
>feature. I have been able to achieve a sine wave surface through various
>means but alas these where all in a flat pattern. Revloving around a
>conical circle is not as simple as it sounds and I would appreciate any
>tips you may have.

Go get my Jan/Feb IRTC Stills entry (borrow.zip) and make suitable
modifications to the bottle cap object.  It's a bunch of patch objects,
so you get the added advantage of double illumination for your lampshade.

Post a reply to this message