POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A Simple Lamp Shade ? : A Simple Lamp Shade ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  A Simple Lamp Shade ?
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 1999 07:55:43
Message: <372596DD.494C2FAA@pacbell.net>
Hi,

   Attempting tonight to make a simple lamp shade I failed miserably.
I'm trying to create a lamp shade of the type seen commonly in household
settings. It is cone shaped but has a sine wave pleating as it's suface
feature. I have been able to achieve a sine wave surface through various
means but alas these where all in a flat pattern. Revloving around a
conical circle is not as simple as it sounds and I would appreciate any
tips you may have.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net