POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Two questions Server Time
17 Jun 2024 03:00:42 EDT (-0400)
  Two questions (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: RDX
Subject: Two questions
Date: 15 Jun 2003 17:15:56
Message: <3eece20c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm currently trying out Moray, and there are two things I can't figure out
how to do so far:

A) By using the layers functionality, I can turn on and off a group of
object's visibility in Moray.  However, they are still rendered in Povray.
How can I set an object or group of objects to not be rendered in Povray
without deleting them?  I'd like to be able to do this to speed up
development by switching off complex objects while working on a different
area of the scene.

B) How do I set rgb colour values greater than '1.0'?  One example where I
would want to do this is with a small object filled with media.  As the
object is small, without a sufficiently high (eg greater than 1.0) rgb value
the media looks dim at best.  Is it possible to do this in Moray?

Thanks,

-peter

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:24:51 -0700, "RDX" <rdx### [at] warlordsofbeercom> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm currently trying out Moray, and there are two things I can't figure out
>how to do so far:
>
>A) By using the layers functionality, I can turn on and off a group of
>object's visibility in Moray.  However, they are still rendered in Povray.
>How can I set an object or group of objects to not be rendered in Povray
>without deleting them?  I'd like to be able to do this to speed up
>development by switching off complex objects while working on a different
>area of the scene.

In the modify tab of an object or group there is a check box named "export" in
the section labelled "Flags, Bounding box"   uncheck it and moray will not
export it to Povray.

>B) How do I set rgb colour values greater than '1.0'?  One example where I
>would want to do this is with a small object filled with media.  As the
>object is small, without a sufficiently high (eg greater than 1.0) rgb value
>the media looks dim at best.  Is it possible to do this in Moray?

AFAIK you  can't. I have just started to use media and only in the Beta version
so I can't help you with this but I am sure some one else will.
BTW welcome and hope you enjoy Moray. Remember your first posted picture should
be a variation of a reflective sphere on a checkered plane :-}
(That maybe only in the Povray binaries)

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Jun 2003 18:28:23
Message: <3eecf307@news.povray.org>
S McAvoy wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:24:51 -0700, "RDX" <rdx### [at] warlordsofbeercom> wrote:
>>B) How do I set rgb colour values greater than '1.0'?  One example where I
>>would want to do this is with a small object filled with media.  As the
>>object is small, without a sufficiently high (eg greater than 1.0) rgb value
>>the media looks dim at best.  Is it possible to do this in Moray?
> AFAIK you  can't. I have just started to use media and only in the Beta version
> so I can't help you with this but I am sure some one else will.

Under the colour square there are two buttons; pick, and range.  Range
allows you to increase the range of values you can use for red, green,
and blue.  It is limited to a minimum of -10 and maximum of 10; if you
want values outside that range, copy the code of the material from the
box in the lower-right of the material editor screen to clipboard, make
a new material with direct code ...oh wait, that's a 3.5 feature, never
mind...under 3.3a you're limited to a range of -10 to 10.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: RDX
Date: 15 Jun 2003 18:45:26
Message: <3eecf706$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for answering so quickly!

Looks like there's going to be another registered Moray user soon :)

-peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jun 2003 02:19:17
Message: <3eed6165$1@news.povray.org>
"RDX" <rdx### [at] warlordsofbeercom> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying out Moray, and there are two things I can't figure
out
> how to do so far:
==> welcome!

> B) How do I set rgb colour values greater than '1.0'?  One example where I
> would want to do this is with a small object filled with media.  As the
> object is small, without a sufficiently high (eg greater than 1.0) rgb
value
> the media looks dim at best.  Is it possible to do this in Moray?
==> There is a workaround: open the inc file in POV and increase the rgb of
the media to the value you need. Before saving the inc file, change $MRY$
(which is given at the start of each material) into $MRX$. This is very
important because thus Moray knows that it should not change the material
during a next render. Now render you scene and adapt the inc file in POV if
necessary.

Thomas