POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Two questions : Re: Two questions Server Time
26 Jun 2024 06:00:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two questions
From: mcavoys
Date: 15 Jun 2003 18:23:58
Message: <3eecf198.6817222@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:24:51 -0700, "RDX" <rdx### [at] warlordsofbeercom> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm currently trying out Moray, and there are two things I can't figure out
>how to do so far:
>
>A) By using the layers functionality, I can turn on and off a group of
>object's visibility in Moray.  However, they are still rendered in Povray.
>How can I set an object or group of objects to not be rendered in Povray
>without deleting them?  I'd like to be able to do this to speed up
>development by switching off complex objects while working on a different
>area of the scene.

In the modify tab of an object or group there is a check box named "export" in
the section labelled "Flags, Bounding box"   uncheck it and moray will not
export it to Povray.

>B) How do I set rgb colour values greater than '1.0'?  One example where I
>would want to do this is with a small object filled with media.  As the
>object is small, without a sufficiently high (eg greater than 1.0) rgb value
>the media looks dim at best.  Is it possible to do this in Moray?

AFAIK you  can't. I have just started to use media and only in the Beta version
so I can't help you with this but I am sure some one else will.
BTW welcome and hope you enjoy Moray. Remember your first posted picture should
be a variation of a reflective sphere on a checkered plane :-}
(That maybe only in the Povray binaries)

Regards
        Stephen