POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray site had a slight update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  moray site had a slight update (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: moray site had a slight update
Date: 27 Sep 2000 16:50:26
Message: <39D25D9F.4C01DBED@yahoo.com>
http://www.stmuc.com/moray

my newer (but not final) x-wing is up, as is r2d2, and my texture
libraries including the very complicated r2d2 head (over 1000 lines of
moray-generated pov code(mainly because moray can't use previously
defined textures yet)).  also a couple other models by other people.
once at the site, click on news to find the new stuff.

a note about the r2d2 head material:
i used it to make an image map which is used in the final r2d2 model.  i
uploaded the original texture for your reference so you can see that
complicated geometric designs are capable with layered textures and
careful planning.  have a look.  i hope you find it useful.

Post a reply to this message

> my newer (but not final) x-wing is up, as is r2d2, and my texture
> libraries including the very complicated r2d2 head (over 1000 lines of
> moray-generated pov code(mainly because moray can't use previously
> defined textures yet)).  also a couple other models by other people.
> once at the site, click on news to find the new stuff.
>
> a note about the r2d2 head material:
> i used it to make an image map which is used in the final r2d2 model.  i
> uploaded the original texture for your reference so you can see that
> complicated geometric designs are capable with layered textures and
> careful planning.  have a look.  i hope you find it useful.

got some problems concerning the r2d2. most of the objects doesn't seem
to have (appropriate) textures. was that planned?

greetings      Arne Kleinophorst

Post a reply to this message

> got some problems concerning the r2d2. most of the objects doesn't seem
> to have (appropriate) textures. was that planned?

what do you mean?  it should render the same as the sample image.  what
is yours coming out like?

Post a reply to this message