POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray site had a slight update : Re: moray site had a slight update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray site had a slight update
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 4 Oct 2000 15:07:18
Message: <qgvmts0ct45ev2dficp1qccs9j5oavh5dm@4ax.com>
Hi Arne Kleinophorst, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Well, wouldn't Moray give an Error if a Plugin would be missing?
Yes, it should. I didn't think this had anything to do with plugins.

> Since i guess I've got all the plugins, i don't think, that's the Problem.
I don't think the plugins are the problem. I thought you are getting
an error message when rendering? This is what you said:

> I can't render it at all as about a third of the objects doesn't have a
> texture?
And since it wasn't clear what error you were getting (i.e. was Moray
complaining or was POV-Ray not rendering) I asked what error you were
getting. If Moray doesn't complain, but POV-Ray doesn't render, then
maybe some imagemaps cannot be found by POV-Ray. As you probably know,
this can be check with View|Dependancies, which is why I suggested it.

> But Moray keeps telling me that a lot of objects don't have textures even
> though everything should be in it's place and orderly cofigured.
Hmmmm. So Moray is saying this..... I'll have to check....

[Later]
Yup, you're right. If you use Alt-V or Tools|Check Scene you will get
an error message about Cube535 not having a texture. Nothing in that
hierarchy has a texture.

Ryan, did I mess up and post the wrong R2D2, or did you send me an
older version?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray