POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray site had a slight update : Re: moray site had a slight update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray site had a slight update
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 5 Oct 2000 05:46:57
Message: <39DC4DE7.A2039967@debitel.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar schrieb:

> Hi Arne Kleinophorst, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Well, wouldn't Moray give an Error if a Plugin would be missing?
> Yes, it should. I didn't think this had anything to do with plugins.

No, you didn't. But Ryan did and i was too lazy to send 2 Mails :) I was pretty
sure, that i would not concern the plugins since I try to keep up to date with
the plugins.

<snip>

> And since it wasn't clear what error you were getting (i.e. was Moray
> complaining or was POV-Ray not rendering) I asked what error you were
> getting. If Moray doesn't complain, but POV-Ray doesn't render, then
> maybe some imagemaps cannot be found by POV-Ray. As you probably know,
> this can be check with View|Dependancies, which is why I suggested it.

Ok, i was a bit confusing concerning the result. But in my first statement i
wrote:
most of the objects doesn't seem to have (appropriate) textures.
which in my opinion is concerning Moray, and on the other hand this would be the
wrong newsgroup to post it :)

> [Later]
> Yup, you're right. If you use Alt-V or Tools|Check Scene you will get
> an error message about Cube535 not having a texture. Nothing in that
> hierarchy has a texture.
>
> Ryan, did I mess up and post the wrong R2D2, or did you send me an
> older version?

NOW i feel much better. :) I really started to worry about some strange kind of
stupidity. thanks

Arne Kleinophorst