POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help!! I am missing something. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Help!! I am missing something. (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Mark Kanof
Subject: Help!! I am missing something.
Date: 17 Jul 2000 17:54:16
Message: <39738088@news.povray.org>
I am a new user of moray and povray.  I have been reading through teh help
files and can't figure out how to really edit shapes.  Okay, I create a
sphere for example.  Now I know how to resize more and rotate it, but lets
say I want to bend it in to diffrent shapes, or pull part of the mesh out,
how do I go about doing that.  I just cant' figure out how this program
could be used for creating anything other than standard shapes, but I know
that is cause I am missing something huge, please help.

Thanks
Mark Kanof

Post a reply to this message

You aren't missing anything.  You are using a primitive object. What you
need to do is import a mesh of triangles that look like a sphere as a CSG -
then you can edit each individual triangle.

"Mark Kanof" <mar### [at] kanofcom> wrote in message
> I am a new user of moray and povray.  I have been reading through teh help
> files and can't figure out how to really edit shapes.  Okay, I create a
> sphere for example.  Now I know how to resize more and rotate it, but lets
> say I want to bend it in to diffrent shapes, or pull part of the mesh out,
> how do I go about doing that.  I just cant' figure out how this program
> could be used for creating anything other than standard shapes, but I know
> that is cause I am missing something huge, please help.
>
> Thanks
> Mark Kanof

Post a reply to this message

Could you please explain this in more detail, or point me in the direction
of something that will.  BTW, thanks for your prompt response to the last
question.

Mark Kanof

"Mike Weber" <mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote in message
> You aren't missing anything.  You are using a primitive object. What you
> need to do is import a mesh of triangles that look like a sphere as a
CSG -
> then you can edit each individual triangle.
>

> "Mark Kanof" <mar### [at] kanofcom> wrote in message
> > I am a new user of moray and povray.  I have been reading through teh
help
> > files and can't figure out how to really edit shapes.  Okay, I create a
> > sphere for example.  Now I know how to resize more and rotate it, but
lets
> > say I want to bend it in to diffrent shapes, or pull part of the mesh
out,
> > how do I go about doing that.  I just cant' figure out how this program
> > could be used for creating anything other than standard shapes, but I
know
> > that is cause I am missing something huge, please help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark Kanof

Post a reply to this message