POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help!! I am missing something. : Re: Help!! I am missing something. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help!! I am missing something.
From: ryan constantine
Date: 17 Jul 2000 18:12:22
Message: <39738477.7891F617@yahoo.com>
moray is a solid modeller and you use many primitive objects in
Constructive Solid Geometry to form more complex objects.  All native
pov images use this type of modelling.  pov and moray can both import
meshes created in other apps however.  if you are brand new and haven't
seen my xwing pics posted in p.b.images, take a look.  everything
(including the top, rear and front fuselage details as well as the
canopy) except the fuselage is made from primitives.  the fuselage was
made in spatch and exported as a moray udo.  in 3ds max, you can still
use CSG primitives, but you also have the option of converting it to a
mesh.  that's the only thing you can't do with moray.  however, with a
little creativity, you can work around just about anything.  good luck.