POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help!! I am missing something. : Re: Help!! I am missing something. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help!! I am missing something.
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 18 Jul 2000 04:52:37
Message: <39741ad5@news.povray.org>
Moray is a 'solids' modeller, you start by creating primitives, such as
spheres, cubes etc etc, and then use csg to subtract one shape from another

try this, create to objects, overlap them slightly, create a csg object and
add both of the primitives you just made, and then set the csg to
'difference' and render, more dfetail? add more !!

its not as limiting as it first sounds, and renders so much quicker than a
comparable (and highly dtailed) mesh object

its great for almost all man made ogjects, not good for organic or ergo
designed objects - eg very curvy objects

but look at things around you, eg a pen, is mostly cylinders, your house is
just a box

there are limitations with csg, and i would not suggest you use it for
everything, but for 90% of what you may want to model it will do, and give
you a better quality output than triangle based object, and renders so much
faster.

i suggest you go to the povray.org links page, and download spatch, its the
best nurbs based modeller i have every used, and its really easy to use, and
you can import your creations straight into moray

Rick