POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help with bent tubes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Help with bent tubes (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: JayHolly
Subject: Help with bent tubes
Date: 11 Jan 1999 16:09:49
Message: <369A67F8.F40458EC@lineone.net>
I am new to Moray and POV and am having difficulty creating bent tubes.
I am trying to model a Mountain bike handlebar and other "bendy stuff"
such as the cables and frame.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Re: Help with bent tubes
Date: 11 Jan 1999 17:16:07
Message: <369A7731.377B4FF4@mninter.net>
My favorite tool for doing that would be STOMP 3D. It has extrude along
spline path functions, NURBS and a few other cool features. And its 100%
free. The only down side is that it doesn't export to Moray. But, if you
get enough conversion utilities, you can convert the files to a moray
UDO/INC file.

http://holly.colostate.edu/~tschrein/Stomp/Stomp.html

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

> My favorite tool for doing that would be STOMP 3D. It has extrude along
> spline path functions, NURBS and a few other cool features. And its 100%
> free. The only down side is that it doesn't export to Moray. But, if you
> get enough conversion utilities, you can convert the files to a moray
> UDO/INC file.
>
> http://holly.colostate.edu/~tschrein/Stomp/Stomp.html
>
> JayHolly wrote:
>
> >  I am new to Moray and POV and am having difficulty creating bent
> > tubes. I am trying to model a Mountain bike handlebar and other "bendy
> > stuff" such as the cables and frame.
> >
> > Thanks in advance - Jayholly.
>
> --
> Gods don't save people. People save people.

  ... or if you would like to avoid learning a whole new modeling process,
a large download, and gain a useful utility that was designed soley for this

pupose try the all new program called Piper by Mike Weber.

It can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8625/piper/piper.html

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> > My favorite tool for doing that would be STOMP 3D. It has extrude along
> > spline path functions, NURBS and a few other cool features. And its 100%
> > free. The only down side is that it doesn't export to Moray. But, if you
> > get enough conversion utilities, you can convert the files to a moray
> > UDO/INC file.
> >
> > http://holly.colostate.edu/~tschrein/Stomp/Stomp.html
> >
> > JayHolly wrote:
> >
> > >  I am new to Moray and POV and am having difficulty creating bent
> > > tubes. I am trying to model a Mountain bike handlebar and other "bendy
> > > stuff" such as the cables and frame.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance - Jayholly.
> >
> > --
> > Gods don't save people. People save people.
>
>   ... or if you would like to avoid learning a whole new modeling process,
> a large download, and gain a useful utility that was designed soley for this
>
> pupose try the all new program called Piper by Mike Weber.
>
> It can be found at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8625/piper/piper.html

This looks like it only codes for b-spline camera paths.

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)

>> > My favorite tool for doing that would be STOMP 3D. It has extrude along
>> > spline path functions, NURBS and a few other cool features. And its 100%
>> > free. The only down side is that it doesn't export to Moray. But, if you
>> > get enough conversion utilities, you can convert the files to a moray
>> > UDO/INC file.
>> >
>> > http://holly.colostate.edu/~tschrein/Stomp/Stomp.html

>> > --
>> > Gods don't save people. People save people.
>>
>>   ... or if you would like to avoid learning a whole new modeling process,
>> a large download, and gain a useful utility that was designed soley for this
>>
>> pupose try the all new program called Piper by Mike Weber.
>>
>> It can be found at:
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8625/piper/piper.html
>
> This looks like it only codes for b-spline camera paths.

It also does tubes/pipes. Such is the reason for the name ofthe utility. I helped do a
little
beta work on it before his public
release so I know it will do curved tubes/pipes.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message