POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help with bent tubes : Re: Help with bent tubes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with bent tubes
From: Ken
Date: 11 Jan 1999 17:24:26
Message: <369A79A0.963572D5@pacbell.net>
Alex Magidow wrote:

> My favorite tool for doing that would be STOMP 3D. It has extrude along
> spline path functions, NURBS and a few other cool features. And its 100%
> free. The only down side is that it doesn't export to Moray. But, if you
> get enough conversion utilities, you can convert the files to a moray
> UDO/INC file.
>
> http://holly.colostate.edu/~tschrein/Stomp/Stomp.html
>
> JayHolly wrote:
>
> >  I am new to Moray and POV and am having difficulty creating bent
> > tubes. I am trying to model a Mountain bike handlebar and other "bendy
> > stuff" such as the cables and frame.
> >
> > Thanks in advance - Jayholly.
>
> --
> Gods don't save people. People save people.

  ... or if you would like to avoid learning a whole new modeling process,
a large download, and gain a useful utility that was designed soley for this

pupose try the all new program called Piper by Mike Weber.

It can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8625/piper/piper.html

Ken Tyler