POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bernd Klenk
Subject: Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem
Date: 24 Dec 1998 06:24:47
Message: <36821543.1140930@news.stmuc.com>
Moray Christmas to all

As you can see in the subject, I have a serious performance problem
with Moray3.1 on my NT4 installation.

First of all it`s a :
P133  with 64MB RAM
NT4 with no Service Packs,
loads of diskspace and no other applications running in the background

problems at all, and it still runs fine.

And this is what happened:
I installed Moray 3.1 in a new directory because I want to keep my
registered Version3.0 till I`m familiar with the new features and
manage to install Povray3.1 without any errors(still no luck!)

After a reboot and start of Moray3.1 it shows a really slow
performance. Understand me right, this is MorayStart.mdl with no
objects but light and camera. If I rotate or transform the camera
there is no update of the 3Dview for a few seconds and mouse
movement is interrupted. It`s a pain to edit anything under these
circumstances. Closing menues and editors seems to take ages.

CPU usage behaviour seems normal to me; when Moray is idle it`s
down; when working it goes up and then down again.
Memory usage the same. Approx. 7MB RAM, 7MB vitual and 22MB free
to use.
I experimented with Moray memory handling but no change so far.

Then I tried to install Moray on my WIN95b partition and now guess
what happened..........it runs fine !..................DAMNED !
This WIN95 is a _gaming only_ installation and therefore no solution
for my problem.

desktop plate won`t do the trick either.

Any suggestions?

thanks for listening...

---
Bernd Klenk