POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem : Re: Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray3.1 on NT4 Performance Problem
From: Bernd Klenk
Date: 31 Dec 1998 09:43:58
Message: <368b8cb6.6304245@news.stmuc.com>
On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 16:32:44 GMT, lut### [at] stmuccom (Lutz Kretzschmar)
wrote:

>Hi Bernd Klenk, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
>> After a reboot and start of Moray3.1 it shows a really slow
>> performance. Understand me right, this is MorayStart.mdl with no
>> objects but light and camera. If I rotate or transform the camera
>> there is no update of the 3Dview for a few seconds and mouse
>> movement is interrupted.

>For a few seconds.... Well it sounds like the problem that V3.0 had
>with POV-Ray 3.1. But closing POV-Ray and clicking on Reset Comms DLL
>will fix that. I can't imagine that the desktop color depth could be
>the problem. Or was it?
>
>- Lutz

Yes...it was the problem....at least I think so.

My desktop was running at 16bits on a Mystique with 2MB, and as
mentioned in the tipssection I added the DWORD value to my registry.

In my case:
BitsFor16BPP	0x00000020(32)

and Moray speed was back to normal. Well, maybe not back the way it
was with V3.0 but it is much more better now. Perhaps it needs a
little more twisting and tweaking with the settings..........I hope!

BTW, there was no Povray running in the background !

Bernd

--
Bernd Klenk
bkl### [at] dillingenbaynetde