POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway (Message 11 to 20 of 51)
From: TawnyOwl
Subject: Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway
Date: 18 Jul 2012 15:30:01
Message: <web.50070dc7eb9e61babf32136f0@news.povray.org>

> Really? I do not remember any other raytracer used than POV-Ray... But
> then, I may not have really paid attention to that as it was POV-Ray in
> most cases... or am I wrong?

Hi Thomas,

nearly every ray-tracer thinkable was used in the irtc. I have only data for the
first period up to 2006. Pov was used most, but for example some 10 percent of
the entries were made with 3DS closely followed by Bryce. Next seems to be
Blender.

Don't ask why I have such statistics...

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

> nearly every ray-tracer thinkable was used in the irtc. I have only data for the
> first period up to 2006. Pov was used most, but for example some 10 percent of
> the entries were made with 3DS closely followed by Bryce. Next seems to be
> Blender.
My memory is selective ;-)

I remember one image (Decay, 2003) because it was made by a colleague
from work back then, which was modelled in Blender and rendered in
POV-Ray... I don't know why it was not rendered also in Blender though.

> Don't ask why I have such statistics...

I won't ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Am 19.07.2012 09:01, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> I remember one image (Decay, 2003) because it was made by a colleague
> from work back then, which was modelled in Blender and rendered in
> POV-Ray... I don't know why it was not rendered also in Blender though.

Maybe because back then Blender's built-in rendering engine (if it even
had any then) sucked?

Post a reply to this message