POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway : Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway Server Time
5 May 2024 07:03:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 18 Jul 2012 15:30:01
Message: <web.50070dc7eb9e61babf32136f0@news.povray.org>

> Really? I do not remember any other raytracer used than POV-Ray... But
> then, I may not have really paid attention to that as it was POV-Ray in
> most cases... or am I wrong?

Hi Thomas,

nearly every ray-tracer thinkable was used in the irtc. I have only data for the
first period up to 2006. Pov was used most, but for example some 10 percent of
the entries were made with 3DS closely followed by Bryce. Next seems to be
Blender.

Don't ask why I have such statistics...

Best regards,
Michael