POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway : Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway Server Time
5 May 2024 09:01:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Jul 2012 12:20:31
Message: <5009854f$1@news.povray.org>
Em 20/07/2012 04:31, Thomas de Groot escreveu:
> On 19-7-2012 16:22, clipka wrote:
>> Maybe because back then Blender's built-in rendering engine (if it even
>> had any then) sucked?
>
> Yes, I have been wondering at that. When was Blender's render engine
> launched? I have the impression that back in 2003 there was none...

I think Blender always came with its own render engine -- the so-called
Blender Internal -- but it was seemingly just a scanline back then:

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/archive/2003/

The old Blender Internal renderer got a raytracer integrated but is too
messy, too late.  They intend to make the new Cycles unbiased path
tracer the default engine eventually.  It's built into the latest
releases and already provides some awesome results at minimal cost for
set up and I'll be using it.  Just hope my modelling skills can match
the lighting... :)