POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? Server Time
5 May 2024 21:56:38 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright infringements? (Message 29 to 38 of 48)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Copyright infringements?
Date: 21 Jan 2003 08:25:54
Message: <3e2d4a62@news.povray.org>
simian <mik### [at] localhostlocaldomain> wrote:
> The issue is the voting

  That's where you are wrong.

  It's a legal issue. Why are you people sticking to some "voting" thing?
Forget about that. That's not the issue here.

From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Jan 2003 08:27:58
Message: <3e2d4ade$1@news.povray.org>
"simian" <mik### [at] localhostlocaldomain> wrote in message
> That is moot. The IRTC is now distributing it. The IRTC
> obviously does not have a problem with the music at this
> time. The issue raised was voting and nothing else.
> Even if it is the most blatant pirated material, the
> IRTC has put it online for voting.

A server put it up there in an automatic process before anyone saw it.  It
has also only done so for a week so far.  IIRC most legal action would start
with a cease and desist order.  One gets in bigger trouble if one SELLS the
music, which would happen if the animations remain in the collection until a
CD is sold.

> The IRTC as the creator of the rules is the sole judge
> of compliance with the rules. They have allowed it in
> the competition therefore it is in compliance with the
>  rules.
> As the IRTC does not consider it a copyright violation
> there should be no voting reflecting an opinion contrary
> to that of the IRTC.

 Is "IRTC" some all-knowing guy?  I thought it was a committee of volunteers
with a Life and a day job, with multiple reasons for being a slow-to-act
body. They haven't been fully aware of it yet.

Post a reply to this message