POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
18 May 2024 21:59:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 21 Jan 2003 09:25:08
Message: <web.3e2d574135986a2622801f9f0@news.povray.org>
Sorry to interrupt, but i've stumbled upon this news thread due to a post at
irtc-l, and since my work (maal_asf.mpg) has been mentioned, i think i need
to clarify a bit:

The music that i've used is not "random notes". The SmartSound system uses
sequences created and owned by SonicDesktop, especially composed for this
purpose, to create soundtracks of a user-specified length. According to the
SmartSound license, one as owner of a valid license can create and use
these free of charge as long as it's inside a soundtrack, i.e. you can't
create "original" music and sell it as "yours". I wasn't too comfortable
with this at first, but dug through their legal terms and faqs and feel
pretty much on the legal side of things now. Since i'm a "content creator"
myself, copyright DOES matter to me, too.

That said, we return you to your discussion in process...

Yours,
Markus Altendorff