POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 21 Jan 2003 13:58:38
Message: <Xns930A8E1195686tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in

> The music that i've used is not "random notes". The SmartSound system
> uses sequences created and owned by SonicDesktop, especially composed
> for this purpose, to create soundtracks of a user-specified length.
> According to the SmartSound license, one as owner of a valid license
> can create and use these free of charge as long as it's inside a
> soundtrack,

Sorry if I mis-represented the application as a random note generator.  My
point was that you were in compliance with the letter and spirit of the
rules, and should not be penalized for the soundtrack.  Especially since
you documented it in your entry.

Tom