POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
18 May 2024 19:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 21 Jan 2003 10:14:34
Message: <3e2d63da@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> Sorry to interrupt, but i've stumbled upon this news thread due to a post
at
> irtc-l, and since my work (maal_asf.mpg) has been mentioned, i think i
need
> to clarify a bit:
>
> The music that i've used is not "random notes". The SmartSound system uses
> sequences created and owned by SonicDesktop, especially composed for this
> purpose, to create soundtracks of a user-specified length. According to
the
> SmartSound license, one as owner of a valid license can create and use
> these free of charge as long as it's inside a soundtrack, i.e. you can't
> create "original" music and sell it as "yours". I wasn't too comfortable
> with this at first, but dug through their legal terms and faqs and feel
> pretty much on the legal side of things now. Since i'm a "content creator"
> myself, copyright DOES matter to me, too.
>
> That said, we return you to your discussion in process...

To clarify my original post (as I didn't mention any animations in
particular because I hadn't had enough time to investigate, and didn't want
to go accusing someone who had made the music personally or had permission
to use it, etc), I was referring to the entries:

Rio (amc.mpg)

and

Alexander Artemenko (throttle.mpg)

Both of which appear to be using copyright material for which they haven't
stated they have permission to use or ownership of.

Lance.

thezone.firewave.com.au
www.firewave.com.au