POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
Date: 1 Mar 2003 19:01:23
Message: <3e6149d3$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e61116f@news.povray.org> , "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom>
wrote:

> You may have a 1000 of good reasons not to release a Win32 console version.
> You may have no extra time, or you may just dislike the very idea, for
> whatever reason. You don't even have to reply to the requests, at all. But
> if you do so, please spare "those few who need it" your usual arrogance.

If you need more control, rather than wasting time creating a custom Windows
command-line version each time an official Windows version is released,
maybe you should just decide to write a GUI extension that does pretty much
the same without the need for having a custom version?  But hey, seems like
complaining is soooo much easier :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde