POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:40:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Ken
Date: 2 Mar 2003 19:28:46
Message: <3E62A250.8FC14DDA@pacbell.net>
Vadim Sytnikov wrote:

> "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> >
> > > I thought I have explained why I cannot use that myself.
> >
> > Of course you can!
>
> I was not referring to the very possibility, at all. I meant that I needed a
> quiet start (no, not to violate the license! :-), and every time Windows
> version of POV-Ray starts, it grabs focus and does other unwanted (for
> me...) things.
>
> Please just treat my "I cannot" as "I can, but I do not like what I get".

Well, it seems we have a solution here. You can use the source code to compile
your own console version. The POV-Team will continue providing POV-Ray as they
have. When you compile your own console version you do so with the full knowledge
that you will use if explicitely for your own purposes and will not distribute
it publically. I honestly don't see where the problem is.

--
Ken Tyler