POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Mar 2003 07:32:43
Message: <3e61f9eb$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e615933$1@news.povray.org> , "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom>
wrote:

> Thorsten, I wish I could do so. But the thing is that my custom version of
> POV-Ray is (repeatedly) run from within my other application running in
> DirectX hi-color full-screen mode

Definitely something the average user is doing...

And apart from that, the request to force POV-Ray to always remain hidden
(the original in this thread) can be used to violate the license.  Obviously
official versions do not come with built-in means to violate the license,
that would be kind of stupid, don't you think?

>> But hey, seems like complaining is soooo much easier :-(
>
> Thorsten... ooh... how can I explain this? I sincerely appreciate your, and
> others', efforts as to the continued development of POV-Ray. I wish I were
> in position to do that much. And I in no way complain about the development
> of POV-Ray.
>
> And I did *not* ask for Win32 console version, myself. Pls re-read my
> message. The only thing I ask for: please do not take every suggestion
> and/or disagreement as a sign of ignorance and/or attack aimed at you, and
> try to treat that more lightly... Pretty please.

That is not the point here.  I don't develop the Windows version.  I just
have a problem with people who don't read the manual and then wonder why the
have problem achieving non-trivial tasks.  They don't read any previous
messages in this group either, because, as you state, there have been a few
threads about this before.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde