POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Anti-Aliasing in self-compiled POV-Ray Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Anti-Aliasing in self-compiled POV-Ray (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Martin Eisenhardt
Subject: Anti-Aliasing in self-compiled POV-Ray
Date: 5 Jun 2001 14:34:52
Message: <3b1d264c@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Anti-Aliasing in self-compiled POV-Ray
Date: 5 Jun 2001 14:38:35
Message: <3B1D2781.CAAF74B9@gmx.de>
Martin Eisenhardt wrote:

> I just compiled the source code of POV-Ray for Windows. Surprisingly,
> there seems to be problems with anti-aliasing, it just won't work and
> a low-quality picture is produced. Is it just me, or has anyone else
> experienced this (and maybe can help me out)?

Some more detailed information would probably be good, like:

- what compiler
- what antialiasing options
- maybe a sample piture shaowing the 'low-quality' in p.b.i

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

From: Martin Eisenhardt
Date: 5 Jun 2001 15:03:37
Message: <3b1d2d09@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Jun 2001 15:26:24
Message: <3B1D32B6.9368CD21@gmx.de>
Martin Eisenhardt wrote:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I used VC++ 6. The anti-aliasing options is a threshold of 0.3 (one
> of the render option sets provided by the POV-Ray GUI). And take it
> for granted: the output is the same, regardless whether I use
> anti-aliasing or not.

Does it say that antialiasing is used in the render statistics?

> BTW: What is p.b.i. ?

the povray.binaries.images newsgroup.

Christoph

--