POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Help! Why is my media so dark? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:46:48 EDT (-0400)
  Help! Why is my media so dark? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: Help! Why is my media so dark?
Date: 1 Oct 2000 07:21:39
Message: <39d71e43@news.povray.org>
Here is the scene file which renders a black media object under the clouds
in front of a blue background. (See p.b.I. for an example image with has a
different background). Please try if you get the same results or if it is
white in your case.

Thanks,

Marc-Hendrik

#version unofficial Megapov 0.5;
global_settings {
   assumed_gamma 1.0
   ambient_light 0
   max_trace_level 14
}

camera
{
  location  <4, 1.7, -25>//
  //direction 1.5*z
  //right     4/3*x
  //angle 35
  look_at   <0, 11.200001,  0.00001>

}
background {rgb <0.3,0.3,0.5>}

light_source
{
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1 , 1> // light's color
  //area_light y,z,3,3 orient
  translate <-300, 1000, -450>
}

#declare Clouds=function "ridgedMF",<1,2.25,7,-1,1>

#declare Y=0;
#declare Ivals=5; //Number of cloud planes

#while(Y<1)
//plane{y,100+(Y*20) clipped_by{box{<-1000,0,-1000>,<1000,200,1000>}}
polygon{5,<-3000,-3000>,<-3000,3000>,<3000,3000>,<3000,-3000>,<-3000,-3000>

  rotate x*90 translate y*100+(Y*20)
  translate y*100+(Y*20)
  pigment{function Clouds(x,y,z)/3.8+noise3d(x/20,y/20,z/20)/3.5+(z/20)
   scale<300,150,300> phase -.5
   color_map{[.25 rgbf 1][.4 rgbt<1/1.5, 1/1.5, 1/1.5, .01>]}
  }
  finish{diffuse 1.5 ambient .25 }
  hollow double_illuminate
}
#declare Y=Y+1/Ivals;
#end

box {<-6,0,-2>, <8, 3,0>            //Schneegestoeber
     hollow on
     pigment {rgbf 1}
     interior{
        media{