POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Help! Why is my media so dark? : Re: Help! Why is my media so dark? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! Why is my media so dark?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 1 Oct 2000 12:57:45
Message: <39d76d09@news.povray.org>
Indeed, the planes seem to work well (I did not know it, that commented out
line was in SamuelTs code already). But that might be 'cause the clouds are
on other positions with them, so the shadows are different.
It remains odd, 'cause it was the shadows of the clouds which  led to the
dark media. Even a second light source of rgb 1/2 at the camera position was
not able to light the media enough. But a "no_shadow" at the cloud layers
gave me white media. 1 Layer of clouds made them a little bit darker, with
two of them, the effect was even stronger. But while the surrounding white
HF remained somewhat lite grey, the media turned totally black with more
layers. Not what one would suspect, is it?
The high density amount is no problem, I think. I tried to raise the
over-all scattering amount and lowering the density value which gave me the
same problems (but did not look exactly the same, because of the different
transitions to the rgbt 1-values).

Well, I'll take the planes, as long as they work. Perhaps polygons are
faster? Anyway, the clouds don't add to much rendertime to this project, so
it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the help,

Marc-Hendrik