POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Help! Why is my media so dark? : Re: Help! Why is my media so dark? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! Why is my media so dark?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Oct 2000 04:06:27
Message: <39d84203$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
| The polygons are cleaned ;-) In fact the planes give the same problem, if
| the shadows of them hit the media. What I don't understand is, why it is a
| that dramatic difference. With my current settings the media is half lit,
| half shadowed - half black or dark grey and half grainy white.
| Perhaps I should work with light_groups to give the media an extra light.
|
| Any further ideas?

No but light_groups does seem a good work-around, if it's okay.  It could be
difficult (impossible?) getting it right if animated clouds were used since
the shadow changes would possibly need counteracting in the light used for
that media only.
I didn't see anything wrong with using the planes in place of polygons, no
shadowing.  I just now realized the translation was being done twice for the
plane.  Hastily checking out pov script is like that.

Bob