POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : A view more ideas Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:35:53 EDT (-0400)
  A view more ideas (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: A view more ideas
Date: 16 Jan 2008 08:30:02
Message: <web.478e05b48b8be34ecdd74ce00@news.povray.org>
Hi people,

I've thought about a few nice features, I would like to see in PovRay:

- A camera map_type. That makes is possible to render background images by using
the sky_sphere.
- A camera_plane to measure distances for DOF.
- Blurred reflection
- 3D-pattern in fog (with a maximum distance for the pattern, to prevent endless
pattern calculations)
- A pre_pass2bin function: This function save a binary file, of what is parsed.
This is help full when making a low-resolution test rendering. If you like the
rendering, just "parse" the binary file. (Sometimes I have to wait longer for
the parsing, but for the rendering)
- Motion blur: by giving a translation_vector for normal objects or cameras. And
for the mesh2 object a motion-vector-block, define each vertex motion.
- Fresnel pattern
- Additional channels like z, alpha, normal...
- A low-level syntax for programming shaders (something like PovMan maybe..)

Hope there is one or two things, you also like :)

Holger

Post a reply to this message

> - A camera map_type. That makes is possible to render background images by using
> the sky_sphere.

  How exactly would that work?

> - A camera_plane to measure distances for DOF.

  I'm not sure how that would work either.

  Already possible. (See eg. http://warp.povusers.org/pics/RubiksRevenge2.jpg )

> - 3D-pattern in fog (with a maximum distance for the pattern, to prevent endless
> pattern calculations)

  How is that different from media?

> - A pre_pass2bin function: This function save a binary file, of what is parsed.
> This is help full when making a low-resolution test rendering. If you like the
> rendering, just "parse" the binary file. (Sometimes I have to wait longer for
> the parsing, but for the rendering)

  One reason for creating pov4 has been to making it easier to export and
import things.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message