POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  GPU rendering (Message 61 to 70 of 175)
From: scott
Subject: Re: GPU rendering
Date: 15 Jan 2010 04:13:12
Message: <4b5031a8$1@news.povray.org>
> which is why I'm suggesting looking only at this tiny part for the change.
> Tiny or not, it's 90% more useful for general 3D artists than all perfect
> spheres or math surfaces.

Sure, which is why there are loads of triangle-only raytracers out there
with all sorts of fancy options and rendering techniques.  This is not what
POV is though.

> Would you not enjoy povray to go wildly popular?  Do you prefer it to be
> this geek niche?  Popularity would also bring more contributing
> developers, I guess...

Yes, I think most of us here prefer it being the only niche raytracer with
support for such a good SDL (scripting, primitives, texturing etc).  I think
everyone would be sad if POV was overrun by new developers who just wanted
mesh tracing speed, POV and SDL would get lost in the sea of
mesh-tracing-clones out there.

Post a reply to this message