POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) (Message 41 to 50 of 175)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:10:56
Message: <47bc7b40$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:02:34 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

>>>  But for creating "photorealistic" rendered images, my bets
>>> are still on raytracers
>>
>> this is pure fanboyism.  Those images look far more photorealistic than
>> most povray renders, despite their users not being geeks constantly
>> tweaking a text file.
>
> Irony, much?
>
> You say it's pure prejustice, and then post an unsubstanciated rant
> that, in your own opinion, unbaised renders all look "better". Hmm.
> Cute.
>
> If you think unbaised renderers are better, you're entitled to your
> opinion. Just stop saying that anybody who dares to disagree is
> automatically a "fanboy".

Nicely said, Andy.  Couldn't have said it better myself. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Subject: Re: Brute force renderers
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:12:48
Message: <47bc7bb0@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> Tie this with the SDL and the ability to render directly from Blender and
> then we'd have a killer product...

   'PoVBlend' - <Gulp!>

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:12:50
Message: <47bc7bb2@news.povray.org>
>> Irony, much?
>>
>> You say it's pure prejustice, and then post an unsubstanciated rant
>> that, in your own opinion, unbaised renders all look "better". Hmm. Cute.
>
> I didn't say "better".  I said "more photorealistic".  And they are.

My point is that somebody having a different opinion to you does not
automatically make them an idiot.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:18:54
Message: <47bc7d1e@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> My point is that somebody having a different opinion to you does not
> automatically make them an idiot.

photorealism is not a matter of opinion.  The more accurate and close to
reality it looks, the more photorealistic it is.

Post a reply to this message